How To Successfully Quit Any Antidepressant(s) Medication And Switch To Another Course Of Treatment

Posted , 1 user is following.

I firmly believe that a person can get off of and safely change any antidepressant medication(s) while under a doctor's care! God forbid that you quit antidepressants all together . . . . that is not what I am trying to say at all.

LISTED BELOW PLEASE READ ABOUT HOW I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY STOPPED AND STARTED NEW ANTIDEPRESSANT(S) MEDICATION(S) INCLUDING EFFEXOR UNTIL I FOUND WHAT IS CURRENTLY WORKING FOR ME.

1. Study/Read up on depression and various types of medication.

2. Talk to your doctor about what might be a good anti-d(s) to try next. With your doctor and you deciding on your next course of anti-d(s), proceed to talk to your doctor about working on a reduction plan for your current antidepressant(s), so that you can be off of them.

3. When your doctor thinks it is time, they are able to prescribe you a new anti-d(s) that you may give a try!

In addition, a good doctor knows that a person(s) may have to try many types of antidepressants and/or combinations before finding the best medication for that person! It is NOT a one drug fits all medical depressive conditions! And just because a drug is newer and the media tosses the drug's name (They are good at that!) around a lot, doesn't necessarily mean it is a better antidepressant.

I know that this is difficult to follow through on, when you are depressed, BUT you can do it and I will pray for you.

CAUTION/WARNING: Your doctor must determine the length of time you are to stay on any antidepressant(s) before you both decide it is or isn't working for you. If your doctor will not work well with you on this, you might want to consider getting a different doctor. DON'T MAKE ANY STOPS AND/OR CHANGES WITHOUT YOUR DOCTOR'S DIRECTIONS FOR DOING SO AND BEING UNDER A DOCTOR'S CARE.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.