How to take azythromhcin

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everybody I need y’all a advice! My boyfriend and I finished taking our treatment for chlamydia about two weeks ago, but now we think it’s back. I didn’t wanna go back to the obgyn so I asked a friends ds to prescribe me the Azithromycin and metronidazole. The 1st azythromhcin I took was 4 pills 250mg all at once, But now the ones that my friends dad prescribed me is 5 pills of 500mg. Should I just take two pills on day for the 1000mg??? Will it still be effective ? Or take the 5 pills once a day,  I’ve read that it has to be 1000mg all at once so i think I take two pills and the other 3 just save them if it comes back ? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to go back to the gyno, or if your friend's ds is a doctor, they need to examine you before prescribing anything, and then tell you how to take it.  You may not have chlamydia any more, but if you do, the treatment probably won't be more of what you had the first time.

• Posted

My boyfriend and I both started feeling pain during urination,  do you think that’s the chlamydia that came back? I believe it is because stupid us had unprotected sex right after the 7th day treatment was taken the first time. 
    • Posted

If you were both treated, then having sex 7 days later wouldn't normally cause a problem.  I'd still get checked out though rather than trying to self-diagnose.

• Posted

I should’ve been more specific, sorry. When we finished the first treatment we received, we had unprotected sex the following day.  2 1/2 weeks later,  we’re both feeling pain when urinating. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.