How to use Calendula or Coconut Oil as well as a steroid cream?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm using Clobederm at the moment, but am about to buy either coconut oil or calendula cream to soothe things.  Can I ask how to use the two together.  Do I put the steroid cream on first, then the calendula?  I don't want to reduce the efficacy of the steroid cream.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, everything I have read has advised to leave at least 20 mins after applying the steroid. I usually leave at least half an hour before I apply Hydromol. I also pray water with a little bicarb in it after going to the loo and reapply the Hydromol throughout the day and evening. Hope that helps and good luck
  • Posted

I use the steroid cream at night and the lubricant in the morning.  Interested to learn what others do too.  Best wishes.
  • Posted

Boy I wish I knew. The doctors were having so much trouble trying to get me to use clobetasol at all much less anything else. I was diagnosed like 4 years ago and didn't use the ointment for that long either!

and now that I feel like I'm cut down there all the time, resembling a fissure, I'm using it. Coconut oil sounds great but are there any healing properties regarding lichen sclerosus for it let me know how you doing cheetah thanks

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies.  Leaving the steroid for 20/30 minutes before applying anything else sounds reasonable, Caroline16811.   I saw the GP last week and have been told to use the steroid twice a day for a month, before I see him again.  I've also bought some Bicarbonate of Soda and a spray, so will be giving that a try after going to the loo, as well.  I haven't actually been diagosed with LS as yet, but the GP may take a biopsy when I next see him, as he mentioned it as a possibility.

Thanks again all.

• Posted

Hi Cheetah, I was using Clobetasol twice daily followed by Vitamin E as my doctor prescribed. I was not able to experience any relief from the itching, biting, stinging etc! Someone recommended I read "An experiment with Borax", a forum on this site and everything completely changed for me. From day one of using the Borax, NOT boric acid, I have not had one symptom, nor have I used the Clobetasol again.

Please read the forum from start to finish and you will find a lot of excellent information on it with encouragement, hope and relief! Also you might wish to look up "medical uses for Borax" on the web.Good luck and good reading!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.