how understanding diverticulosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with diverticulosis 10 years ago 51 year old male my last flight was about 4 weeks ago I'm having some light pains in my left side I don't know if its infected or if its just inflamed I ate something cornbread that I shouldn't have and I've been feeling pain that's not very bad I have no fever is it possible I just irritated it a little I've also been wearing a belt for a while when I stopped and now wearing suspenders to see if that will help getting me from putting extra pressure on my abdomen I would appreciate any help you can give me thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Bad luck..everyone seems to be different.

My doctor is very much in favour of resting the gut i.e. starving for a day then 2 or 3 days with liquid then building to soft easily digested .

Do you think the flying is at fault ?

• Posted

Hi Bryan,

Like julie mentioned, we all have different things that may cause a flare. However, if you have been doing a lot of stressfull things thats definitely a trigger. To get everything back feeling normal a liquid diet and rest always do the trick. Sounds like you pretty much know the cornbread doesn't agree with you. We all have our foods that we notice over time is a no, no.

• Posted

Any man ever have problems wearing a belt has that made your diverticulosis act up something tight around your waist make you hurt
  • Posted

OH Dear  ,Brian, what I do ,if I over eat  (only Sometimes ) and I get a twinge

that tells me ,,,,too much food to be dealt with   I take a mild laxative,

Lactulose  you can buy it from the chemist .Clears your rubbish out, Drink plenty

of liquid just in case there are any bits hanging back in the pouches.

You probably didn't chew your food for long enough. 

Buy yourself a bottle before Xmas,, just in case ,

Rest ,and a few Paracetamol help with the pain. No belts or brces either !!!!!! 

• Posted

Iow many times a day should I take the fiber supplement I've been taking it twice a day now I seI am having a bit of diarrhea win

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.