how will the cuts affect me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i have 4 kids 3 of them get dla due to there conditions my husband is on pip due to his fibromiagla will we be affected by the universal credit and the cuts could someone help me i dont bo if i will lose eny money

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sammy-Jo,

Look at it this way, 3 of children have DLA and your husband on PIP.

The way you should be looking at this situation is out of your 3 disabled children, how many have got the DLA Care Component side, and at what Rates?

With your husband, does he have PIP High Care or Low?

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

My daughter and son has high rate care my other son has medium care and my husband has high rate care
    • Posted

Your husband being on the PIP High Care Rate should mean you will stay on Full Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit. Having disabled children should stop you from being capped, it is the Care Rates that cannot be touched by Universal Credit.

Under UC please remember to pay your rent and council tax, landlords can take your to court using an AVA if more than 8 weeks of rent is in arrears. PIP is paid separately to UC, not together.

I hope that clears some of the worries you have been thinking about.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

How old are your children?

If they are avoer 16 then DLA should be changed to PIP

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.