How worried should I be? Higher percentage of PDW, Platelet Distribution Width.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys,

My blood test results came in and everything is normal (rbc, wbc, any other blood cell type and percentage normal), except the percentage of the PDW, Platelet Distribution Width.

I am 30/f/not pregnant. Not sure how relevant it is, but I walked on heat for 35 minutes before the test.

PLT: 190.00 ( 150.00-450.00)

Mpv: 10.60 (6.00-13.00)

PCT: 0.20% (0.12-0.43 %)

Iron: 137.00 (60.00-180.00)

Ferritin: 37.01 (10.00-120.00)

PDW: 22.5% (11.00-18.00%).

I have an appointment for next week to go through the results - the doctor isn't available earlier and I'm driving myself crazy trying to comprehend how bad are those extra percentages from the PDW - 4.5%.

I do have some bruises because my dog still thinks he's a puppy and I've always bruised fairly easily since I was a child and until now I've never thought nothing of it.

According to Dr. Google, this might be really bad, so please, can someone more knowledgeable shed some light?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.