how would I feel ?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, how would it be like if I have a loose hip after replacement ? or how would it be like if I have an infection ?

Thanks, Tolga 

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I don't think to many of us have had infections or a "loose hip", but today I over did it leaning in and bending too much and now I have a heating pad on the incision area I had Anterior THR. I felt like my implant was a bit bothered today, quite achy. I'm 9 months tomorrow and still am healing.

If you think you have an infection make a Dr. appointment, that could be very serious for you...Good Luck!

• Posted

Hi just read your post, i had my surgery on the 12th Jan 38 staples, The scar looks great, I had the staples taken out in 2 parts as my scar is 8inches long. I went to see my Surgeon as when my husband changed the dressing i had quite a lot of leakage. They gave me some Flucloxacillin, i am still having to have an injection everyday for DVT. i had my staples out which felt great, i have had no dressings on for 7 days, but yesterday one of the tiny holes where the staples were stared to leak to back we went yesterday, gave me another lot of Flucloxacillin, and if it leads everyday then i have to go back into hospital and they have stay in and they will go in and see why my leg is leaking, No smell to the leakage so that is good, i am on pain killers plus all my other meds. They took a swab so i will have to wait and see what happens between now and next Wednesday, 
    • Posted

I really do not understand about the staples.  First of all, hope you will be fine... I have 11 inches of wound but no stitches and no staples... I had internal stitches and they are all gone in 20 days .... take it serious and go see your dr whenever is your next appointment.
  • Posted

I have removed the argumentative/accusatory posts. If any user thinks a post or a user is not genuine then use the "Report" link on the post to let me know or send me a private message and I will look into it. Do NOT accuse users in the forums of being a spammer etc. or asking other users if they should be reported etc as it just causes the issues shown by this exchange. You can view any users past posting history by clicking on their name and looking at their profile. There is an FAQ section linked at the bottom of every page going here

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/59133-discussion-forums

This has details about all aspects of the forums including how to contact me if there are any problems in the forums. 

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Tolga, 

I just read your post -

How are you feeling this morning?     

I wouldn't know the feeling of a hip prothesis coming loose, but I think it would be painful - it sounds painful to me - as for infection, the same as others responded - you would have a fever as body is working hard to get the infection out -

This rainy and damp weather is certainly having an effect on my hardware - First time in my life I have been so cold - A weird kind of cold sensation - almost painful - 

My 2nd Left THR is 21 weeks now and still very stiff and sore - Other , right,hip, done in March seems to be in contest with new hip and acting even worse - 

Living in the middle of the woods is not helping with dampness (but it is pretty out here) - 

stay warm and dry

warm hug, big guy (thanks for pointing that out !)cheesygrin

renee

• Posted

Hi Renee, you missed a lot in this discussion... I hope I will be fine. Now over 60 days of op. Hope you will be super btw. 
  • Posted

When I read your post now. I can tell what you were trying to do... So many times words don't come out the way they sound. If that makes sense?

Hi all, ( in Valley Girl voice ) how would it be if like... a spaceship landed here?

and like, we'd be all scared and stuff, and like, that would be like, so awesome. Maybe like, there would be like spacemen? lol 

• Posted

I think we better drop that. I appreciate your back up. and I believe everybody now know that I am not fake... 
  • Posted

Hi TLG

Experiencing pain at 8 weeks is pretty normal, but not very bad. If we are doing lots during the day it will hurt I have found - but if you are resting a lot and the pain is more than a seven this would indicate to me of a problem.

Loosening of joints you would know, as you would barely be able to walk and it would be sore. An infection is very unlikely too. I think you know your body, do you feel it is okay?

Possibly you are expecting too much too soon. A classic mistake we all make, me more than most. Can you believe I thought I would be dancing and running by now!

I hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

First paragraph but not very bad pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.