how would i know if im schizophrenic if i am a hypochondriac?

Posted , 4 users are following.

so ive been suffering from hypochondria for over a month now. it started with a fear of fainting, to a fear of heart attacks, to a fear of seizures and now im most worried about developing schizophrenia. im 16 and i was born a healthy baby. my parents were fairly young when they had me and i dont know about any family history of schizophrenia. but i remember a while ago my mok told me my sisters in the hospital because she wasnt doing so good. when i asked why she said my sisters hearing voices. but that was a while ago and when i look at her now shes living normally. she talks a lot, she laughs and has a good time and overall shes just not showing any signs of schizophrenia. but i noticed lately, after my anxiety went really bad, that its harder for me to focus oj what people are saying when theyre talking to me. for example i called a kids help line when i was dealing with my hypochondria about my heart. i was also playing a video game to calm myself so maybe thats why i didnt really understand what she was saying at times. but overall i was able to conversate and stay on topic and answer questions. i also notice i zone out a lot. Its not every single day and when it does happen, it doesnt happen for long. I think everytime i do zone out i know that im zoning out but i continue to do it anyway. i dont have any hallucinations, but thats what ive been most worried about. im constantly paying attention to what im hearing and seeing. i remember one time i was getting a drink and the fan was on. And it was loud and my sister was in the room. i thought i heard her say something so i turned and asked what she said amd she said she didnt say anything. sometimes when im on the second floor in my house, ill just think that soneones on the main floor watching tv. which isnt a problem, i guess i kinda start to think about the sounds of the tv. amd i kinda start to hear the tv. but when i go and see whos there, theres no one and the tv isnt on and of course, i no longer hear the tv sounds. i guess what im most worried about is im possibly having auditory hallucinations, sometimes its hard to listen amd focus on what people are saying, mostly cuz i start to think about something else, and i zone out a lot. and i know that blank stares are a symptom of schizophrenia. but other than that im still able to laugh, have good times and stuff like that, but i still worry i might uav

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i still worry i might have schizophrenia* sorry the page glitched. it would help if i had some answers. i was at the hospital today for tests on my heart and theyre normal so im no longer worried of that. but now schizophrenia is on my mind

• Posted

THis sounds like you just being more aware and overthinking things. But talk To a phsyciatrist Just to clarify thingsĀ 
  • Posted

Hello jay,

Anxiety will take you into the deepest thought loops. Try to think back to a time when you weren't worried about these things. I PROMISE in some amount of time you will totally forget about these fears. But now since you seem to be stuck in these thought loops just try to keep perspective and dont let it drag you down. 

I have been through so many irrational fears that I cant even remember, yet at the time they felt so real. This is because this is what anxiety does. ITs how it works. IT makes you fear irrational things.  

Lastly try to remember that you cant ever fix your anxiety by "thinking your way out of it". There is nothing you can "think" or "realize" that will stop it. The only thing that will stop it is stopping its momentum. This is done by not trying to think yourself out. 

I hope atleast some of this info helps 

Andrej 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.