How Would One Tell They Had Liver Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

How would one tell if they had liver pain? Where would this pain be felt exactly? I always have a sore back but it's bearable and sometimes I get tightness around the front of my right side or my flanks and in paranoid it's under my right rib cage, but I can't even tell its not even that sore. I get IBS but that pain usually comes and goes and is on left side down towards my low back that wraps around the front.

How can I tell? Does this photo look like Jaundice? image

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

U would most likely feel pain or tenderness if ur liver is inflammed and is causing the Glisson's capsule (surrounding the liver). The liver doesn't have nerve endings so inflammation, larger liver can cause u to have these symptoms. I can't comment on the jaundice as pictures can be deceiving. Ask ur doc to run a liver function panel and an ultrasound if they suspect ongoing issues. Good luck.

• Posted

also interested in peoples experience with this? i have some intermittent pan in this area but would say it is more the lower right side of the body, not chest or front, more than anything, Has anyone had similar at all?

thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.