How would you approach this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

After 15 months due to working, or the chance to my counsellor is pulling out. How would you approach a final session? To me rape is not final it's shxx! Would you go? Would you speak to her? Just feel really sad, exceptionally so. I have poured my heart out to have it crushed! Please help, just feel like strangling her, or sobbing!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam,

Counselling sessions must have a cut off point they do not carry on indefinately but along the way your counsellor should have given you the tools to help you manage your thoughts and in a better way and flagged and agreed the best way forward with you.

If you don't feel your sessions have been enough try to get some more support and maybe ask you counsellor where to get additional support from.

Peace 🙏

• Posted

Thanks, i will be speaking to my own doctor so i'll explain this to her. The company have stopped because i have part-time work which i could start after Xmas, but don't know yet. What i don't understand is they said they'd ensure i'd be ok, but they've now done this so i am unsure where i stand. It seems easy for people to say just get some more, it takes a while to set up and what's worse means i have to start again. I didn't want this! Not again.

• Posted

Just a quick update to say my counsellor might have someone else i can see. We'll see. I'm not banking on it.

• Posted

All the best .

I totally get what you mean re starting again and having to explain it all twice.

Hope it goes well for you 🙏

• Posted

Thanks Zen, that's a kind thing to say!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.