How would you carry on until you start again?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Oh what fun with a capital f for fxxx all i have had today?!!!! My counsellor after 15 months stopped today, but treated it like nothing. I was cross, upset confused and very hurt. I am genuinely struggling with things at the moment anyway because it's near to Xmas and i am genuinely miss my dad. He would comfort me through this, emotionally i mean but he's dead past 6 years. What can i do over Xmas so this isn't so tough? Do i tell my doctor i have switched again because that is the 2nd time i have had to change so this will be the 3rd person i see. Are male counsellors any good? I have never seen a male before, because this is PTSD counselling for rape? I am sorry to ask this but feel i must. If you can reply then thank you.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sad you are feeling like this, ive been in same situation and even when we know our therapy is finishing it can still hurt,shock, upset us. our therapist for however long has been with us when we have shared some very personal things and when it suddenly ends esp when we know we still need someone it really does hurt. im sorry you feel that way. but please dont give up, go back to your GP or try another counselling route if you can. i hope you manage to still have a nice Christmas. and im sad to hear you miss your dad x

tc c

• Posted

Hi caz, the problem is this is specific ptsd counselling, it hurt to leave my counsellor because to my mind this issue hadn't been properly dealt with. I have quite deep issues apparently although i didn't know that. It's just how cold she was yesterday, it shocked me. I am still reeling from how she was, but can go back to there but not to see her. I will be seeing her colleague instead. I will see how i get on for a few weeks and if it's still not right i will say something.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.