How would you know if you're throat is "inflamed" ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been dealing with this for almost a month now. I'm a 22 yr old male, and a few symptoms i've had is starting to relieve themselves. i checked myself into the ER when it first started. They did EKG, xrays, catscans, stress test and a vascular check on my legs. everything came back great/normal which was 3 weeks ago. They gave prescribed me pantoprazole, but i only took it once, & haven't taken it ever since because it made me feel so much worse. it was only 20mg, but the tums antacids (peppermint flavor)  i use is 1000mg and  that makes me feel better. Everyday i've been exercising (walking & jogging, no breathing problems) and changing my diet (which wasn't too hard), drinking plenty of water since then, no carbonated drinks, just juices. But ever since this has started, there's always one or two days out the week that I would wake up out of my sleep feeling as tho I can't inhale as much, slight shortness of breath. & then, i have to take zzzquil to help me go back to sleep. I don't stress, I don't have anxiety. Never had it. I don't have asthma also, I don't wheeze either. I feel completely normal throughout the day, but the only thing I pray for is a goodnight sleep. I always try to clear my mind before bed. also, haven't had heartburn, nausea, haven't threw up, no headaches, no allergies except for sinus infection in spring usually and my burping is almost unnoticeable because it was CONSTANT in the beginning. the only time i burp now is if i'm hungry or if something i ate is being burped out. my bile movements were usually after EVERY meal, but now it's like a day late. & back to my title question, now i'm starting to feel more normal but it's like everytime I hold my head down (like sitting in a chair & using the computer in my lap), I feel like someone's hand is on my throat, but it's not unbearable. but when i lift my head straight or up, i don't feel it. but like i said i feel fine throughout the day, its just when nightime falls. so this is new to me, can anyone shed advice? I see my doctor thursday.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

& btw, i've been sleeping on my left side with my body elevated up since it started also! 

• Posted

Google vocal cord dysfunction and see if any of the symptoms fit.

Also, juice won't be good for you if it is anything to do with acid reflux. Try switching to just water. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.