How you see the world

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm doing a project about neuroligical conditions and how they effect the way you see the world compared to people without them (and how to show this in art). I myself suffer from epilepsy and synesthesia (and ADD and dyslexia). And how spoken about my own experiences with these conditions and how i experience things differently to others (such as music and art). i would love to here from others about what they have and what they experience. If you are an artist it would be great to hear how you express yourself and your condition in what you do.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My Family used to see me like "it is sad our Win has them but she can cope."  I have prayed for them to go away, I have been bullied by the woman in the job centre, Who my Dad had went and put her right about the way he wanted me treated by her, she said I have tantrums not fits as she bullied me but it was my learning curve that only your family can really understand how you feel and I had a good Mum xx and loving sisters and brothers xx I have been scared by them rotten and when I was in Hospital having my Daughter I had fits during labour but touch wood that baby is now 40+ and looks after her Mum but she will never get used to seeing me having a fit it upsets her xx  My hubby is brilliant xx I am so lucky I have a GREAT Family around me xx  .. I cry when I have one and still call for my Mum who died in 1976 when I was 28 xx

I wish there was a cure as I do not think anyone should go through the fear we go through  xx Good luck xx Win xx

• Posted

thank you very much for the reply. Its good to know that you learnt to deal with it and that life worked out xx
  • Posted

I suffered from a mild case of Guillain Barre Syndrome. Although not severe, it was still terrifying. It felt like I was running with legs that could barely move from a hidden assailant who was attacking me with a knife from the inside.  If the assault was visible, people might rush to your aid or call for help.  Because it's difficult to see and diagnose, it may be dismissed which is almost as bad as the GBS itself. Then, you are left to suffer the wreckage alone unless you are lucky enough to land in the right hands or spontaneously recover. I write to express myself. Good luck with your project!
    • Posted

thank you very much for that. I would love to see an example of your writing! 
  • Posted

I have anger about my PD, real anger. They are putting in so much money to find that illusive cure and just letting us rot...us the ones who are suffering who will not be able to afford the cur ewhen or if there is one ever.... There is well known good treatment for PD that they will let take on because it does not line theit pockets and this i show my art comes in usefull ...I WRITE LOTS OF POETRY ABOUT THE EVIL SODS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.