Hpv

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got my smear results which has infor me I have hpv infection alls the letter says is that most woman will get this in tgere life at some point and that your body more than likely will fight it off but it's not telling me were I go from here being hpv positive I'm so upset I feel like I'm never going to be able to have sex again and that il never be able to find someone if I have this virus I'm distraught I don't know we're to go from here . If I meet soneobe will I have to tell them and if I had unpretected sex will they pas it back to me and I to them I had a few skin tag like growths over the past few months inside my vagina that my doctor had checked a few times and told me was skin tags so I took for granted that's what they were but now I'm wondering were they warts? I checked my self yesterday to find most have gone I can only feel one or two I think I'm heart broken and don't know what to do An I ever safe to have sex again 😢😢😢😢😢 no body is fully explained it to me iv googled it to find some are saying it should clear within a year or 2 to other websites saying it's a lifetime dusease I really don't know what to think my colospy appointmeant isn't for another 3 weeks I cannot wait this long until I know more about this as I'm worrying myself sick to the fact I'm finding it hard to work be around my children an even speak to people in getneral as I'm so distracted in my own mind please help me please give me some positive advice and experiences. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HPV is not a too serious infection.

The immune system can eradicate it - often this takes a long time. 

Yes you can transmit it to sexual partners - so condoms would be good.

Make sure you go to all your smear tests in the future.

• Posted

Iv been sent an appointment to look further into my cervix colocopy I think it's called . does this mean I do have pre cancerous cells due to hpv or does this mean just a check to see incase? Will I ever be rid of hpv 

• Posted

Colposcopy - definately go to it. They’re just going to thoroughly check your entire cervix.

No you dont have precancer - you just have the infection. 

The immune system can fight off HPV, but it takes a long time.

• Posted

Hi Gina

Sounds like you’re smear has come back abnormal. The colopscopy will say how abnormal. It might be minor or more high grade they’ll take a look and decide, maybe take a sample. This doesn’t mean you have pre cancerous cells. 

Perhaps talk to the doctor about the effects on your sex like with the hpv diagnosis at the same time.

Good luck

• Posted

Yes it says borderline abornormal, then it says often this is because of hvo so they tested for hpv An found I have a hpv infection but would like to to see me for a colposcopy 
  • Posted

Ben1994 is right. Take a friend with you for support but I’m sure it will be okay and just have a list of any questions that you want to know the answers too. I had high grade abnormality earlier this year and found they were very ambiguous with their explanation of things and I wish I’d asked a lot more questions at the time! 
    • Posted

I just phoned and they have brought my appointment forward to tomorrow so hopefully I can get some answers on hpv I don't even have cancer in my brain I'd prefer cancer cells than hpv I feel ashamed of myself and dirty it's saying most woman will get or have had it but then others are saying it's a life long thing etc etc I'm feeling very confused and upset I started to feel like I was ready to meet someone and hopefully have a relationship but now this how can I ever go into a relationship knowing I have this 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.