Hpv and Lichen Planus

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anybody have hpv and lichen planus

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi this is my first post and wanted to say that i have oral lichen planus and think i may have the same problem in the nether regions !!! I have been suffering very dry and sore itchy sensations for a while. I have looked with the aid of a mirror but can see no white patches like i have in my mouth. Can anyone help me on this please and pardon my ignorance but what does 'hpv ' stand for ? Thank you
    • Posted

Hi Angela

Hpv is usually the cause of an abnormal smear test if you have treatment human papilloma virus

• Posted

The human papilloma virus is the same virus that causes cold sores, shingles, chicken pox and genital herpes I am sure that there are more things that it causes.  It lies dormant in the nerve endings of our bodies and generally causes no problems until it activates.  When it affects the cervix and can cause cancerous cells to develop but this takes a long time like 5 -10 years which is why we have smear tests every 3-5 years.   If you have no white patches that may just mean that the ls is not active at the moment or you may be so sore that this is covering the symptons, or hopefully you do not have this.  You need to visit your GP and ask to be referred to a dermatologist or vulval expert if the GP cannot help you.  You may need a biopsy to confirm diagnoses.  I am sorry to sound so negative but you need to find out as ignoring this condition can lead to more problems down the line.  Also it would such a relif if you do not have it and you can stop worrying.  You can get lichen planus in the nether regions so this may be causing your symptoms too.
    • Posted

Hi girls

Just to let you know went quite well in court yesterday looks like I'm staying in my home and getting a share of his pension!!!!! If we agree on a price I don't have to go back to court can just sign so fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone... I'm off to Rhodes with my daughter on Wednesday just for a week just hope I can stand the heat hope your all well Xx

• Posted

HPV is the Human Papillomavirus which is responsible for gential warts. 

Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1) and Herpes Simplex Virus 2 (HSV-2) are the viruses that are responsible for cold sores, genital herpes and shingles. 

• Posted

Hi Angela

Hope your doing okay , how long have you had Lichen Planus and do you have regular checks.

Have you ever had an abnormal smear test xx

• Posted

Hi Angela how long have you had zzz Lichen Planus !!!! Have you ever had an abnormal smear X
  • Posted

Hi Karen,  Glad it went well for you.  Hope you managed to iron out the finances without going back to court.
  • Posted

I had HPV and Cervical cancer from it.  Now this LS.  I have no idea if they are connected, does the HPV stay around forever or does it go away after surgery, because last night I noticed a pea sized lump on the inside of the labia mag.  I can move it around, feels like a pimple that needs to pop, is under the surfice, what am I up for now?  Not sure if I have the planus type or not.
    • Posted

Hi kathy

I am 57 I had abnormal cells about 14 years ago and had colposcopy around the same time I was diagnosed with lichen planus they are connected my dentist found mine, I can't eat spicy foods they burn my mouth all my body hair is very sparse and I have itching that drives me mad, how old are you kathy when were you diagnosed with cancer, hpv is a virus and I'm afraid we're stuck with it, I'm sick if worrying about it, lichen planus is usually white and red patches, if you look you might see it xx

• Posted

Hi Kathy

Hope your doing okay did you manage to go to your GP X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.