HPV genital herpes? Need second opinion.

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I went to a doctor about 5 months ago, and they said it didn't look like a sexual wart. They tested me for all STI's minus HPV. All came back negative

Image : 

Really concerned. I tried to freeze them off with dr. scholl's wart remover which may have been a bad idea in the long run. I appreciate any opinon's.. thanks!

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    You'll probably need to use a PC or laptop to add images, rather than a phone or tablet.

    If a doctor has said it doesn't look like a genital wart, then it probably isn't though, and using non-genital wart removal products isn't a good idea.

    If you want a second opinion, you could either see another GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

    If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

    Report / Delete
  • Posted

    Thanks for the reply, here is a photo of the warts. I'm in the U.S. The doctor said it didn't look like it, but now it's looking quite like it to me. 

    Report / Delete
    • Posted

      Those don't look like warts to me either.  Maybe some kind of boil??  If you hadn't already had it for five months, then I'd have said it will probably fix itself in maybe a week or a month.  Since you've had it so long though, then I'd go back to the doctor if I were you, or possibly a dermatologist.  If you see the same doctor, then they'll probably be surprised it's still there.  I'm not sure what kind of treatment they might recommend though.

      I'd be interested to hear what they say, so please keep us updated.

      Report / Delete
    • Posted

      That's good to hear! Yes I've had one before on my scrotum that went away after more than a year. I'll visit the dermatologist and let you know what they say. Thanks again!

      Report / Delete

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up