HPV/Genital warts update

Posted , 2 users are following.

So as per my first discussion here, last week of May i was diagnosed with HPV with genital warts as per doctor, i noticed 1 big bump at the bottom of my hole and finger like blisters inside labia minora. I found this site and posted my case some said they are genital warts and there's a very kind and helpful nurse that I've exchanged emails with, and she said she doesn't think they are warts. So I did not get any treatment for this, so I've waited to see if they will go away on its own. Around 1st week to 2nd week of August i noticed the big bump on the lower part of my hole is getting flattened to almost disappearing (pictures posted before and after). This made think that is it possible that warts pop? So I messaged again the very helpful nurse and she said they don't pop and so it wasn't warts. The finger like blister are still there but i think the ones on the left side decreased in number and got longer and on the right side i think they increased in number but they did not get bigger. The very helpful nurse said she still think they are not warts and they are just VP. So with these, I would like to ask your opinion of what you think they really are.

Thank you in advance☺️

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i hope someone will give feedback

• Edited

There are different types of warts. I had a friend who had warts and she said they would pop and hurt. The one that is healing could be a wart but the others apper to be Vulval Micropapillae. Many women have small finger-like projections on the inner surface of the labia minora and around the introitus. These are benign micropapillae and may be seen in conjunction with warts, which often makes clinical assessment difficult. Micropapillae are not related to HPV infection and therefore do not warrant treatment. Examination with some form of magnification, such as the colposcope, is often required to differentiate these lesions from genital warts.

I would have a biopsy done on the ones inside to make sure they're not HPV. One person on here had theirs lasered off and said they were VP, so that's always an option once you find out what they are. You can also get a biopsy on any other bumps that may appear in the future but blood work should be able to show whether you have warts or not. Nobody can say for sure by a picture. I would go with what the first doctor said (the one healing is a wart) Find out what tests need to be done for a proper diagnosis and hope for negative results. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.