HPV, looking for comfort

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there!

I'm a girl, I'm 23 and seems like I have HPV since I have genital warts on my labia minora.

I'm in my first relationship right now and it's long distance with the most wonderful BF ever. We were both virgins before having sex with each other. Before coming to him and having sex for the first time, I decided to get a Brazilian wax to look and feel nice down there. Seems like it was my worst mistake.

Before going to visit him last month, I decided for some reason check it down there and found those warts. Have no idea for long they've been there and if I had it before. The next day I went to my Gyn, she checked me down there and said those were HPV. I was devastated. She referred me to take HPV tests, both high- and low (6,11). They came back negative.

After my trip to my BF I decided to take tests again but not from inside my vagina, but from the place where those warts are. Negative again. But my Gyn still thinks it's HPV.

I'm devastated, I just started to be sexually active and this s**t happened. Maybe you could give me some peace with it, I honestly don't know what to do, it feels like my normal sexual life is over when it just began 😭

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My personal opinion is that you DO NOT have warts! i think that it is just VP, as i said i got mine with a yeast infection. i can send you a picture of mine in a bit. i mean especially if you tested neg for 6, 11 which is 90% of genital wart cases. I think you are fine and you may need to see a different doctor. 😃

• Posted

Thank you so much! ✨ I really hope you're right. I'm a very anxious person, so this stuff is quite difficult for me to deal with. I'm planning to see 2 other doctors this month to see what they think.

I would like to receive a picture from you, just to compare

• Posted

I will send you one within the next hour! 😃 I have been checked and told i am fine even though i am still worrying as well. and i missed my period last month, i am on BC and have not missed a period in 2 1/2 years so i am worried. but i am stressed out so i am hoping it is that.

• Posted

Sounds familiar. We all should just chill and enjoy our lives, especially you, because if a Gyn told me it's nothing I wouldn't bother 😃 And, yeah, we should stop stressing out, cause missed periods is a sign of freaking out much (oh, it sounds so familiar xD)

• Posted

Yes we do! and we need to get off this site haha. i had convinced myself i was okay after the doc visit until seeing a post on here about warts, compared them to my places and freaked, and i have been a mess since. 😦

• Posted

Yeaaaah, I agree about getting off the website 100% 😆

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.