hpv/ or sking tag? help please

Posted , 2 users are following.

(Reposted with picture) Can someone help me please. I went to an obgyn twice and the first time I had thought she said those skin colored bumps looked like they could be hpv. ( they’re on the outside of the vaginal opening) She did a Pap smear and the cancerous form of HPV came back negative. I then went back to her a second time to see if we could biopsy the bumps to confirm if they were HPV and she told me I had no physical signs of HPV and these look like they could just be skin tags. I believe she told me two different things but maybe, possibly I misunderstood. I just don’t see how I could have that bad and she did not mention skin tags the first time at all. These have been here for about 3 months that I’ve noticed. I’ve had another dr tell me this doesn’t look like HPV at all and then a nurse practitioner tell me it looks like it possibly could be. I really don’t know what to do from here opinion wise? Is it even possible to biopsy? I just really want to know what this is because if it is HPV I need to know so I can tell future partners and I don’t want to have sex if I don’t know what I have or don’t have. Also can someone tell me how to post a picture of it on this 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

picture here 
    • Posted

They don’t look like HPV and since you did a pap, it should be accurate. Only thing you can do to be more safe fore others is to retest via pap in a few months again or run a biopsy which will include removal of the current skin tags.

Personally they look like skin tags to me and this is completely natural 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.