hpv or vp on inner labia?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was diagnosed with low risk hpv via pap smear Sept 2019. i hadnt shown any signs of warts prior to that. about a month ago, i noticed these bumps on my labia. one side has more. it feels like im chafed down there but no itching. i went to the doc and she said could be irritation or inflammation. but she also said it could be a little outbreak of hpv but would there be that many? she wasnt ready to biopsy or prescribe meds yet.

she told me to use a combo of hydrocortisone ointment and aquaphor for a few weeks and simplify my routine, only wash with warm water.

does vp go away once everything is calmed down or will it get worse? thanks!

imageimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

fordyce spots

• Posted

thanks for your reply! ive attached a zoomed in version so you can see better. i think these are different than fordyce

• Posted

thank you! do you have any tips of how to get them to go away? i havent always had them and with my recent diagnosis of hpv last year, i started freaking out.

doc was leaning toward irritation so im gonna follow her regimen and hope for the best. she said if the ointments dont help, we could try the cream for wart removal : /

• Posted

ye sometimes they are caused by thrush /yeast/bv follow wat your doctor has given u theres not real tips on how to get rid of them usually when people get them they either clear up or they dont some people opt to have them removed i think stick to creams etc first and see if they go before thinking about freezing or burning them away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.