HPV question PLEASE help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently had vaginal bumps checked out that the doctor determined to be HPV warts. I am very embarrassed and honestly a little scared! I have a few questions for anyone who has had genital warts or just knows a lot about them:

I plan on having the warts removed-

What are the chances that they will appear again? How soon does this usually happen?

If they remain gone for 3+ months is it safe to assume that the infection has been cleared?

What exactly does it mean when a body "clears the infection"?

What are the chances of spreading it once my body has cleared the infection? Should I tell my partner?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello

The reoccurrence of warts is pretty common.

After removal they usually are back in 2-3 months.

Normally the body clears the infection in 6 months.

By clearance, it means the immune system supresses the virus below detectable levels. It won't get transmitted after that.

You should tell your partners in the future if warts persist and avoid sex during a reoccurance.

I hope it helps.

• Posted

So they come back after 3 months and then after 6 months from the time those are cleared they usually wont reoccur?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.