hpv? warts?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have itchiness and a lot of discharge. doc said it looked normal and i maybe have a yeast infection but i am still worriedimage

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

if your having discharge a doctor can swab to see if theres an infection there yeast is usually a thick cottage cheese like discharge that smells like bread or beer it can also be itchy around the outside of the vagina

• Posted

image heres one more photo because i am nervous and want all of the opinions i can get

• Posted

have you gone to the doctor yet? mines looks smiliar to yiurs and im getrinf negative reaults on everything i dont get it

• Posted

Yes, I also got negative results for everything. Did they specifically test you for HPV? i think my doctor just tested me for things like chlamydia, gonorrhea, BV, yeast infection... and all of the results came back normal.

• Posted

but cant they swab that area to test for hpv type 6&11 to see if its that? test foe the dna? we have to leave the diagnosis to the human eye and opinion ?

• Posted

me too im going back on tuesday. for the doctor to see again and see what she says (3rd doctor). i did urine, and blood test and visual examinations with rhe urgent care doc. didnt do swab since i had my period. the urine and blood tests were for . hiv gnorrhea chlamydia trich syphillis all negative, and nothing they thought it was yeast so they gave me a gel and antibiotics. the swelling went away. a week later i felt better the swelling went away, but the textire is not right i have like 3-4 small painless bumps like in a line following my vaginal opening towards the inside of the vagina. so i went to a gyno, that was my 2nd visit thats when i got the swabs, got the swab for bv and yeast and nothing. negative. now its negative. i also ordered high risk hpv test and i submitted those last week from a home test i bought. so now this is my 3rd visit to a medical professional (2nd visit to my gyno) to see now what.

• Posted

a pap smear can pick up quite a few strains including 6 and 11 also u can swab warts or biopsy them

• Posted

right, i thought the same. thats what im going for next week.

• Posted

hey, any updates on your test results? /if you havent recieved the results, could you reply back here once you do? i feel like we are in super similar situations and might have the same thing going on

• Posted

so my results came back ☹ it came back positive for other high risk hpv dna its not 16 or 18 another high risk. so they will get back to me i have to do more testing. ive been crying all day at this point i would wish it was warts, the low risk

• Posted

just because u have tested positive for high risk hpv dosnt mean it will turn into anything bad the bodys imnune system can rid itself from hpv alot of the time hlv can sit there and do nothing

• Posted

sometimes hpv can cause abnormal cells on the cervix which they remove its called cin

• Posted

oh no!!! im so sorry that this has happened to you and wish you the best for your health 😦 that is super scary. When the doctor examined you, did they think that things looked abnormal or did you just go in multiple times because you felt something was wrong? also, did you experience any abnormal discharge? i am concerned that i might have the same thing...

• Posted

no they said it wasnt warts. i took a pap smear test last week im still waiting on those reaults. I ordered and online HPV high-risk test and I did the swab and mailed it and I received my lab results back last night I did this test two weeks ago 16 and 18 were undetected but I was but other high-risk were detected so I don’t know which strand I have it just falls into the other high-risk so I am waiting on the lab results from the Pap smear that my gynecologist took on Thursday to see what comes up on those results and then I will talk to my doctor to see what’s next I went to see my gynecologist on Thursday when I did the Pap smear she said everything looked fine

• Posted

i would go with the results of the pap smear rather than the online results

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.