HPV warts or Vestibular Papillomatosis - vinegar test

Posted , 4 users are following.

I did the vinegar test and I don't know how to interpret the results.

Can anybody help me? Please.

Firstly, I held a cotton ball with 1:1 solution of vinegar and water for 10 minutes. Honestly, I didn't notice any difference in color so I put a few drops of vinegar directly on to the growths, just to be sure.

I still don't see a difference just by looking, but camera flash maybe did make them more noticeable.

I don't know how much of a difference should it be. I mean, the whole are became just a bit paler after vinegar, not only the growths, but I'm not sure.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

marceline,

i do agree that its hard to interpret these results, but that might be a good thing. when you use vinegar on HPV it will be obviously white.

im going to try and explain VP and HPV with a stupid metaphore so bare with me.

do you know how dogs have those little pappille things on dogs lips? they are usually in the corner of their mouths, (im going to insert a picture) but i am trying to tell you that VP looks like those things on dogs lips and tht to me looks like what you may be having a break out with. image

HPV warts for example, are usually rough to the touch and they look like ice picks, with a sharper appearence and that is not what i am seeing with you.

i would still PLEASE see a doctor once covid is over, but hopefully this can calm you a little,

take care.

• Posted

Dear Lena,

Thank you so much for your reply. It's not a stupid metaphor and it actually helped.

I will go to another doctor and get a second opinion surely.

Also, I've been following it for months now and it never changed in size and/or quantity and I never ever had any discomfort associated to that. I honestly think that's just how my tissue is.

We shall see. Thank you 😊

• Posted

Hi,

I am not an advocate of using vinegar to test for the presence or absence of infection, so I can't help. Sorry, maybe someone else can help.

It's a waste of time IMHO.

Adhari

• Posted

Hello Adhari,

Thank you for your reply. Can you explain why you are against vinegar testing?

I think it could be helpful for other reader who might be in similar situation. Also, majority of doctor use that exact method for testing.

I am also sceptical about it as I read that it can turn healthy skin whitish too, which then I saw on my own case when surrounding skin also turned a bit paller.

• Posted

Hello. I have something similar. Did you learn what it was? I would be so grateful for your reply, I'm so anxious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.