Hpylori After Triple Therapy

Posted , 2 users are following.

This forum is for post Triple Therapy . Recovery.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have had light to moderate nausea for about 3 months now. The symptoms are intermittent. Sometimes I could go 3 days or more with barely any issues. Then, the nausea would just sort of arise. Sometimes 2 hrs after eating, sometimes just randomly. I took an H. Pylori stool test in January 2018 and it was positive. I did the treatment for 2 weeks (Pylera – second line therapy) and there was actually a 6 day period where I felt great! Then it slowly came back again. I completed my treatment on Feb 9th 2018.

I have been off of the medicine for almost 6 weeks, and things are still touch and go. I can go 1 to 2 days with no symptoms, and then 1 to 2 days with nausea of varying intensity.

I have not had any stool issues at all. Consistency/Regularity/Color has been just fine. I also have not had any stomach PAIN or anything like that. Maybe some bloating here and there, but it's basically just nausea, and tiredness while it's going on.  

I have been somewhat negligent in watching what I eat, but it's still tough to see a correlation in what I eat versus the symptoms.

I wondered if it was stress-related at first, but it just didn't add up. Stressful situations would progress with no nausea, and then I could be at home relaxing with a movie and it would set on.

My main question is...

After having off and on nausea for a couple months, how long will it typically take AFTER treatment ends to feel normal again? I don't feel like death or anything, only lost maybe 5lbs total, but mentally things are just getting to me. I start to wonder if I'll ever feel normal.

I'm sure my GI Doc will recommend a stool test to confirm eradication in another week or so, but I'm just looking for some mental stability and for someone to put my mind at ease? If it's typical for light nausea to take a while to go away after H.Pylori treatment ends?

Also, I had to take antacids this past weekend because I had pizza and ice cream and it set my stomach and nausea on fire. I am Zofran for nausea.

Any comfort would be appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.