Hpylori, chest pain, occipital neuralgia..

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys,

This is my first time writing on this forum but after dwelling on the Internet for so long trying to find people going through the same experience as me I thought I'll try reaching out here, maybe some of you can shred some light on what's been going on with me.

Basically, I got a Hpylori diagnosis about this time last month. I got put on a week of Amoxicillin and Clarytromicin and Lansoprazole (if any of you had this before then the excruciating upper abdominal pain isn't a stranger, with the feeling you can't fit food in your stomach and the back pain) I was miserable throughout the treatment, shortly after starting the treatment I got admitted into hospital with very strange headaches. Basically my scalp was extremely sensitive non stop and I had mad intercanial pressure on the top of my head. They did me a CT and a lumbar puncture, blood test - all came back good. Yet I was feeling like s**t, I was happy that there wasn't any cancer or anything on my brain like a bleed but the main symptoms didn't left. On the night of my discharge I got mad ear pain and neck pain and had a panic attack. Doctor prescribed me Sertraline because I have complained about bad anxiety before (I'll only start it now because I've been on such a cocktail of meds I couldn't put up with the side effects from all of them at once. I was on Omeprazole 2 weeks after I finished the Hpylori treatment and stopped now because I need to be clean off them to do the Hpylori test again (make sure the infection cleared out). Top it off, at the same time with the Hpylori I had a thrush infection in my throat and sinusitis 🙄😔 (it never rains but when it does...) my thrush hasn't cleared out first try (probably because off all the antibiotics I was taking) so I got put on a week course of fluconazole.

My sister did a bit of research on the Internet and found this thing called Occipital Neuralgia which was describing all of my symptoms (pressure with and without pain, very tender scalp, ear pain and neck pain with stiff neck) I refrained from taking Ibuprofen when I was on Hpylori treatment because I know is not good for the stomach but when I finished I asked my chemist and she said to take it with Omeprazole or Lansoprazole so my stomach is protected (not like I was planning on taking it regularly) and omg guys when I tell you it was the first time in weeks that strange pressure headache finally eased off! (I've been struggling with it since January but because I have a history of migraine my docs just gave me paracetamol or propanalol, yk headaches medication that was doing nothing because Ocypital Neuralgia is different from your normal migraine. I didn't even had to take Ibuprofen that much to notice a change.

But lo and behold, my perils are far from over. Although the medication ameliorated the pain from Hpylori and now I can eat normally (I lost 2-3 kg since the infection started cause I couldn't eat that much) the upper abdominal pain never quiet left, sometimes I'd laid in bed and feel a pain as if I got impaled (through my upper abdomen and going to the exact same spot in my upper back) and to it has joined a strange strong pain on the left side of my chest (radiating all around my boob basically) which is so much like a constant beginning of a heart attack sorta pain. I went to the docs surgery the day before yesterday, she took my stats, listened to my heart and breathing-all good. Said its likely some Hpylori side effects (?) took some blood to check for vit D3 and calcium deficit in my blood.

Since yesterday night my upper body has become week, like I can use it and I even been to work but it feels like I'm 70% in charge of it, its a bit numb and in pain but it works. I had again last nights some sharp headache on each side of the head with a very eerie feeling (like blood was running super fast through my veins but my heart beat stood between 90-80-70-60 all night).

Now I'm sat in bed, labouring for breathing sometimes (my oxygen got to 91 last night which was an all time low but I usually do some breathing exercises and it goes up to 95-98) pain in my chest and my upper abdomen, no idea what on earth is going on with me.

Ps : to rule out anxiety I've been focusing on keeping a very cool head, doing my breathing exercises and avoiding stress as much as possible so I can assure you I'm in no form an anxious mess rn.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.