HRT ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i've been having horrendous hot sweats lately I've tried all the herbal remedies finally went to see the nurse she suggested HRT I'm very sceptical.

Can anyone here give me some advice

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Have you tried super strength sage? It helped me. But I then chose hrt to help with all the other symptoms I was having
    • Posted

I have been on that for a couple of weeks but it doesn't make any diffference

I also used another product from holland and barrats which did work for a while but then stoppped

How are you on hrt

• Posted

Hi Helen, sorry for delay in reply, grandkids kept me busy over the weekend. 

Yes hrt patches have been great for me. More energy, less stress, hair and skin improved. Sweats stopped within 3 weeks. I have gained about 8lb (I'm sure I could lose this if I set my mind to it) and have been spotting which I hope will settle soon. 

• Posted

Hi Helen. yes they are horrendous i agree, i am on HRT best thing ever for me. I have been on them before, had to stop for a while due to a procedure. Hot sweats back again after 9 weeks awful, anxiety aswel. Just feeling the effects of them beginning to kick in , it does take a while rolleyes
  • Posted

Don't be - it does work - or at least it did for me.

I was a complete wreck, suffering from night sweats and day time hot flushes (over a 2 hour period I counted 37).  I was anxious and angry all the time (for no real reason), and horrendous to my poor husband. My lovely thick hair thinned so badly that you could see my scalp - which made me feel even worse.  I couldn't think straight and all I wanted to do was find a nice, dark corner and crawl into it and cry and never come out.

I had always declared that I wouldn't go on HRT but I simply had to change my mind - I just couldn't continue as I was.

So, I saw my GP and went on HRT - I was also extremely sceptical that it would work.  It did take a little while but oh the relief!! The nightsweats stopped (I still get hot but no longer wake up dripping wet), the hot flushes reduced to 2 or 3 a week, my anxiety stopped, my husband no longer had to put up with and be on the receiving end of my constant anger. My hair has improved - not to how it was (much to my disappointment), but it is most definitely better.

So, for me it worked.  I understand that it doesn't work for everyone, but unless you try it you won't find out.

My advice would be give it a go and see.

• Posted

Hi Helen, I was the same and after 5 years of "managing " with every natural remedy going, I decided the lack of sleep and amount of hot flushes throughout the day was wearing me down.

I'm on Femseven Conti patches ~ a one per week patch which has given me back my quality of life!

They are out of stock till 15th may but arewobderful!.

You have to be period free for one full year before you can have them.

Good luck

• Posted

Helen, I can guarantee that HRT will stop your sweats. It was the prime reason I started on it at age 52 (66 now) within a few days of taking it, my sweats stopped, I felt like I had more energy and various aches/pains disappeared. You will get your life back. I have talked to so many women who have been in despair with their meno symptoms and HRT has turned their lives around. You have nothing to lose by trying it and everything (in my opinion) to gain. smile 
  • Posted

Hi Helen, like you I tried various herbal remedies over several years as I was wary of HRT. I was never told about patches or gel I heard of them by chance. I have been on Evorel Conti patches for just over a year and I am fine. There are different brands and I suppose they suit different people so give it a go. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.