HRT

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm undecided about starting HRT because I'm worry about the risks can cause. I've been having hot flushes, bad mood swings but worse of all I can't

sleep properly. Are patches better than tablets? Can anyone on HRT please help me to make my mind up? I will be 50 in may and my last period was 8 months ago. Thank you.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi elena, ive recently started on 50mg evorel conti patches (est/progest). You cgange them twice a week and stick well thru bathing and showering. I found 5g gave me headaches so i cut them in half now like a lot do. Wasnt sure if theyre afding to my palpitations as well as im on AD's, BB's and diazepam to counter the effects of the antidepressants. I read that the combined patch is safer than progest only and if started soon after menopause pretty safe. Ask your doc for all the options though. My main problem is palpitations and terrible anxiety. Hope you find something that helps x

• Posted

Hi

my advise give it a go and see how you feel, personally I had very severe symptoms and begged for hrt, Premique was the magic pill and I did not look back, If you weigh it up I would want a "normal" life with the risks, not one I had before which I did not reconize myself

hope you make the right choice for you.

x

• Posted

I tried HRT and although it worked fine, I had some issues with bleeding and decided to stop taking it.

I am now taking sage leaf tablets and magnesium malate (among other things) and am doing OK - not brilliant but OK.

• Posted

Hi elena I have recently started the 50mg patches like you I was scared about the side effects with HRT and it took me nearly two years to make the leap and start taking them, I was sick and tired of not feeling like me and suffering I haven't had any side effects yet from taking them my flushes have gone and I can actually sleep again it's a very personal decision and you have to weigh up the pros and cons. I also have a thyriod problem so I am not allowed to take soya products which most alternative medicines for the menopause contain.

• Posted

Hi Kazzaxs, I think I'll make an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow to discuss the possibility to start the HRT therapy. I have to..Thank you for answering me. X

• Posted

Elena, I'm not sure where my response went, but I use the over the counter natural progesterone cream. I'm now post menopausal, and I still use a little every night. It helps with my sleep. We're all very different so I hope you can find some kind of relief.

• Posted

Hi Cynthia, thank you for answering me back. Can I buy this cream at the chemist without prescription from the doctor? What is call? X
  • Posted

This will be a personal decision for you. My symptoms like others were paralysing - severe nausea , anxiety, poor sleep, palpitations depression and so on .

I did not want to take hrt and I did try herbal remedies like menopace . I must state that I am in peri.

Symptoms calmed to some extent , but ever week / 10 days in the month suffered from horrible symptoms.

I decided I can't continue like this, so spoke to gp & saw a gynaecologist privately .

Started hrt- I use the gel every night . I take progesterone pill & things have improved 95%. Some days still queasy but definitely worth talking to your gp.

Thank God for it . Just want to get through this phase of life .

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.