HRT

Posted , 6 users are following.

who has or is on HRT Elleste Duet 2mg, I have been on it for almost package now bar 3 last progesterone I just can't do it anymore, its made me feel worse! I had been having terrible peri-menapausal symptoms so because I had been having periods all be became irregular HRT Nurse put me on sequential HRT I thought this would make me feel better but I feel a lot worse it has made my peri-symptoms seem like a picnic I might has well just give up on them and go back to my Agnus Castus! I have had really swollen ankles since starting the progestrone half and can't get rid of, Dr. and Nurse don't care! Can i get any feedback from anyone as to their experiences on this type of HRT please and what did you do about it? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I do feel for you! I've only just started mine but a lot of women have severe pmt symptoms when it's the progesterone part. I would go back to your doctor asap and explain how awful the side effects are. There are other things they can prescribe if this isn't working for you. I hope things get better for you soonx

• Posted

Hi

How are you getting on?

I'm on day 3.

• Posted

Hi Melanie😊 HRT is a bit of a minefield!! Ask your doctor if you can try Femoston 1/10mg or 2/10mg this seems to be a more gentle HRT. The progesterone in Ellest duet is quite horrible. The progesterone in Femoston is dydrogesterone not quite so harsh. Hope this helps. Anne.

• Posted

Hi Anne, I had no idea that Elleste duet 2mg would be quite horrible, I decided not to take the last three pills my ankles are still swollen! a month on and symtoms are still with me !!!!! I have been to doctors and all the doctors said was that it would wear off! when???? its driving me up the wall.
  • Posted

While i didn't try Elleste, I did try several things in perimeno.  All of which made me feel worse. (BCP, bioidentical creams, estrogen injections, vaginal progesterone)

Obviously the Elleste is not working well for you, and it's either time to try something else, or go back to your homegrown hormones.  I chose the second option and did really well for the next ten years.  Going into menopause was actually a breeze, until I got so far in that vaginal atrophy and dryness set in.  

What I will mention, is not to stick with something that feels so wrong. Set a time limit to see if your body adjusts, but if not, move on.  

Goodluck

• Posted

Hi melanie

How are you getting on?

I started Elleste duet 1mg 3days ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.