Hrt

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well just talk to doc about my hrt and the same old story not at 61 i fell better when on them how do thay know how i feel i do not know wot do now any one help please

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ask to see a different doctor, they don't all view HRT in the same way.

Many women stay on HRT way past their early 60s.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you i did see sum different and she sed same old things and she sed go and see your own doc when she gets back so i will try sum diffrerent thank you again
  • Posted

Pearl, find some published support for HRT after age 60 or above, print it and take it to your drs.  If you are in the UK, does the NICE guidelines provide this?

• Posted

Hi sherly thanks will i just goolge it when talking to my doc she told me she was on it than she telling me not to take it
    • Posted

Hi Pearl, I am not from the UK but a lot of women have referred to the NICE guidelines.  I guess you can just google it to find it, or some other positive reference to using it at your age.  I am 66 and still using it,but I am from Australia.  However a lot of women in Australia have problems with their dr too.  I had to remind my dr that the early research was flawed.

How old is your dr?  Ask her if she is going to continue using when she is your age.  Tell her you bet she will as life without it is intolerable for some women.

• Posted

I was going to buy hrt off intert but why should i i have also try all the menopause support but nothing works so i will try again and see wot she sed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.