HRT

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been prescribed evorel sequi this week by my doctor does anyone no when is the best time to start the treatment.i have regular periods and have never taken hrt before and in the leaflet it says to start on the first day of your period ..is this what I should do or can I start it straight away.....plus do you still have periods once you start using the patches.....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi , I am not on the same HRT as you I take pill form but I also had to take first pill on first day of my period, I took them for 28 days then started next pack straight away, within 2 days I had a break through bleed (period) for 4 days and that was it. Yes you should have regular periods but don't worry if you start sooner or later sometimes your normal cycle can kick in . They say to give HRT a good 3 to 6 months to get into your system. Hope all goes well for you .

• Posted

Evorel sequi is a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) preparation. It consists of two types of patches: Evorel 50 patches, which contain estradiol (previously spelt oestradiol in the UK) and Evorel conti patches, which contain estradiol and norethisterone. A bleed is supposed to occur every month towards the end of the conti patches. However, a quick google of 'do evorel sequi stop periods' finds many post from women saying that their periods stopped.

I don't use them myself so can't speak from personal experience, but it seems that everyone's experience is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.