HRT

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anybody feel better OFF HRT than ON it?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Cluxton, I see an interesting discussion coming here.  I've had many unusual and unwanted reactions to HRT.  Do you mind giving your menopause status and what you are taking?  

I look forward to hearing other woman's experiences as well.   

• Posted

Hi, I am nearly 51, main reason for seeing Dr low mood, anxiety, lose of sex drive, crying. Was put on HRT Femoston 1/10, have been on it 3 months. Still get low mood days, no return of sex drive, now have restless legs and feel tired all the time. Have I not given it enough time? Should I change from tablet to patch? Should I go from low dose to medium dose? Should I just go natural route?
    • Posted

Cluxton, while I have never tried Femoston, it appears that you are taking 1 mg of estrogen daily with 14 days of a progestin.  Three months does seem like a long enough period to see if it would work well for you.  

There is nothing wrong with trying some other form of HRT, if this doesn't seem to be working well.  What seems to work well for some women, doesn't for another.  I wish I could be more help, but every woman's body is just so different.  

• Posted

Hello Cluxton

As others have said, every woman is different.  It is 17 years since I started HRT and I remember at the beginning having several changes of tablet form before I found one that suited.  I take Estrofem 1 mg daily.  Until May of this year I also took Utrogestan pessaries for 12 days of the month.  However, I still had endometrial thickening and had a total hysterectomy as gynaecologist was concerned about possible cancer developing.  I'm now just on the Estrofem which seems to be suiting me.  It is very much a personal choice as to whether women elect to have HRT or not and of course it is also dependent on finding a doctor who will prescribe it.  I've never had the patches but apparently the benefit of these is that you are avoiding metabolising tablets through the liver.

I would have thought that an HRT would have helped with the low sex drive and also moods.  I suggest that you keep a journal of how you are feeling each day and see if there's any pattern.  Discuss with your doctor.  All the best.  Lyn

• Posted

Hi, deffinately better on it ! I have experienced both, Had to come off HRT for a while re opĀ  anaesthetic ... terrible off it ... took a while to get back into my system , I have never looked back ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.