HRT

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Ladies I would really like your thoughts on HRT and LS .

I was given HRT oeastrogen only with pessaries Nov 17 due to feeling sore and tender in my vagina .

The pessaries did not work at all and made things worse as damp all of the time.

If i am honest my LS worsened although not diagnosed untill I saw my Gynae in April 18.

Things have not improved and have regular flare ups . I have changed diet and take suppliments.

After reading an article on here and i do aolagise to the wonderful Lady who posted as i cannot find your name . It was regarding St Johns wort and how its helped menapausal symptoms and LS .

Also due to my fear of increased risk of breat cancer I have started to come off HRT.

Week two and one tablet this week and that will be it . No adverse sweats yet or power surges as i call them and so far so good . 

I have started St Johns Wort a few days ago . So far too early to see if that helps at all . 

Thoughts ladies please and experience of HRT and LS would be very much appreciated x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Apolagise for spelling note to self do not post from phone 🤦🏻???

• Posted

I started the same two years ago feeling very sore and so checked down below and was shocked at the whiteness and petechia subsequently I was given dermovate and use Yes moisturiser and touch wood I try to keep it under control as best I can. No tight seams anymore, pant liners or pants in bed and it has helped.  I being post meno seven years was told I needed oestrogen cream but declined as I’m certain I would react to it.  I’ve no advice but just to say you sound the same as me, and the same dilemma.  It’s very easy for gps to prescribe these things and say there will be no side effects when there might be.  I think the moisturiser really has helped. X 
  • Posted

Sorry also having breast cysts I worried about cancer risk I know they say one pill per year is the equivalent amount of pill HRT but I still worried about.  BTW the power surges and flushes I get very badly and I think I’ll always have them.

• Posted

Hi Susan - I was prescribed oestrogen pessaries for atrophy of cervix and encouraged to continue after LS symptoms started. I don't think there was any link. I requested to change to cream as pessaries  tended not to dissolve properly, and I have found it helpful for moisturizing and restoring outer labia plumpness. However it seems to have had little effect on my LS. GP says it's ok to continue and when I expressed concern about breast cancer as it is in my family, she said there was little risk from using oestrogen topically in vaginal area. I am continuing it as I feel it makes a difference and might help counteract labia minora shrinkage.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.