HRT advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 55. Started menopause around 54. The worst thing is the mood swings low mood and anxiety 

I am considering HRT.  I have controlled high blood pressure. 

I believe there are many different types of HRT 

I have the obvious concerns over the increased risk re breast cancer 

Any advice would be much appreciated

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

I am 32 and i am taking HRT from 15 years. I have taken overanett for almost 12years, then ellest duet for almost 3-4 years, then tried ivf and now changed to cyclo progynova (cp) from last 3 months. I have seen worst with cp, as i feel low, anxiety and worst come worst tiers and fissures in my vagina every other day. It heal up quickly, but the area is dry and get inflamed very quickly. However this problem was much resolved with cp, but my hair fall is getting ridiculous and lag pain & continuous headache for 2-3 days too. These are the other symptoms of menopause including yours, which i am experiencing. However, i have decided to go back on elleste duet, + take extra dosage of estrogen harmone via vagina. I have to find out if it helps! My advice for you to try different treatments, for 4-6 months, you will figure which is best suitable for you. I will wish you good luck.

• Posted

Hi Ginger

Oh dear. Sounds like you have had a rough time. You are so young as well. 

Funnily enough I am loosing lots of hair and didn’t realise this was connected too 

Thank you so much for your help. I don’t know what to do.  I’m at the doctors this afternoon. Just hoping she can help me 

Look after yourself 

• Posted

I am also 54 started HRT few months ago life is so much better. There is risk to most things best decision I have ever made. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much Paula. I really appreciate that. Been to doctors and she said to do some research. I have but wouldn’t know  where to start re what type of HRT is best for me. She has taken me off one of my Blood Pressure meds and asked I go back in 4/6 weeks. I’m no further on really. She didn’t really give me much advice just told me of the risks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.