HRT and sleep patterns

Posted , 4 users are following.

Did anybody experience better sleep on HRT ? I’m finding I’m not sleeping as much as I’d like and waking up too early . Been on the patch almost 4 weeks ... could be nothing to do with that . I also can’t nap anymore ? But this happened before the patch. Find I lay down and no matter how tired I am my mind just won’t switch off ...

Boy I miss those nice afternoon naps . 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori

I'm on bhrt and initially I slept much better, but after 4 months it's not quite so good. I'm really restless. I take kalms nighttime with valerian and for the past 6 nights it's worked really well. As for the napping, it's been a long time since I tried smile hope you are starting to feel a bit better, been thinking of you. Try some breathing exercises, lavender etc it's worth a go xx

• Posted

Hi sassy ! 

The chocolate marijuana is great for sleep not sure if it’s legal where you live ? And thank you my dizziness and fatigue is so much better with the patch but the depressed feeling with these patches is unbearable . I’m sure if I didn’t live alone I could handle it but going through this completely alone with no family around ..... it’s tough. Going to call my dr tomorrow and see if I can cut the patch in half maybe it’s just too much for me . Plus I’ll save money this way .... they’re so expensive !

• Posted

What patch are you on please and dose
    • Posted

I’m on the Climara Pro 0.045 and about to rip it off as I’m crying and very depressed. It’s helped a lot with the constant  dizziness and fatigue but the blue feelings .... it’s awful !

Why oh why is this so complicated ! 

• Posted

Wow I thought I wrote this post you sound so much like me. I had a hysterectomy in 2012 my doctor started me on Premarin I did okay and then took myself off in 2015. I don't remember why must have been the bad headaches. I'm now 45 years old and for the past few months I have been experiencing bad insomnia I can't seem to fall asleep I can't even take naps anymore either my mind never shuts off. I think a lot of it has to do with anxiety because you're always worrying about whether or not you're going to fall asleep. I went back to my old doctor and told him to put me back on hormones so now he has me on Premarin in the morning and I take progesterone at night. I really don't need the progesterone since I don't have a uterus but he says it could help us sleep it really doesn't. I've been on the hormones now for two weeks and I'm wanting to know the same thing when is it going to help asleep the doctor told me I could take 6 weeks. In the meantime I have tried melatonin, and the doctor prescribes rozerem. I hate taking things to make myself fall asleep. I did have a sleep study because of sleep medicine doctor thinks I may have sleep apnea which I don't but I could have I won't get the results till next week. How old are you? Have you asked your doctor when he thinks your sleep would get back to normal did he mention anything about progesterone.

• Posted

Last year I was waking up at 4.30 am ! I begged the dr for sleeping pills and he gave me Olanzapine they got me back on a good sleep pattern and I only take them now if need a good nights sleep . I also take medical marijuana chocolate this knocks you out but only downfall is you wake up in the middle of the night really hungry !

I now sleep until 8ish but I’m better sleeping until about 9.30 as I’m tired all day and need a lot of sleep . 

I used to nap every day .... boy I miss those days . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.