HRT and spotting and breast tenderness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

I have been on Prometrium 100mg and Estrace 1mg for 2 months now.  The last two days I have been spotting and cramping and breast tenderness all month.  Is this normal being on the HRT and can someone give me advice on this site.  I am worried and have left my Gynecologist a message on this.  If anyone can give me there input on if they have been through this.

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I've just started on estrogen gel and felt sickness this morning and crampness it may be due to my hysterectomy or the hrt have you looked in the leaflet that comes with it to see what the side effects are it could just be that
  • Posted

Glad to be of help I just checked mine and it does say about breast tenderness nausea and abodinal cramp hope you find the anwer
    • Posted

I checked on line and it was quite vague. No leaflet with the medication. The first month was great and now I feel tired and campy and spotting so what changed I do not know.
  • Posted

That's bad all medication should come with a leaflet maybe you have to give it a bit longer so the body gets used to it or if you feel you not suited to it you could try another form I did when I went on it before two years ago
  • Posted

Yasmina,

It is normal for me! My breast get so tender at times I think it's water retention that I feel throughout my body. But yes my breasts can get tender and sore. Are you fibrosistic? I am and I have had them swell which causes the pain. It's a give and take, nothing is perfect so I deal with it as the other menopausal symptoms are much worse for me. xx

• Posted

Sorry to hear you suffer from f yes it probably water retention I get pain under breast bone must be menapousal symptoms what we women have to deal with

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.