Hrt bloatness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone suffer swollen tummy using hrt I find that sometimes I struggle to do up my clothes I eat very healthy and exercise I stopped taking it but still suffer hotness is there a happy medium

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I have just started on hrt . I feel I have put loads of weight on . Don't know if it's the operation 7 post op . Had TAH . Mind I feel I'm getting more hot flushes since started on hrt. Going to talk to doctor today to see if this is normal. I don't think it is . X

• Posted

Hi. I was put on hrt 5 days after my op and haven't suffered any flushes. Apart from a couple but not sure if they were due to the hot weather we'd had. But I have gained 1st4lbs (I am 19wks post op) and my tummy feels like I'm pregnant. Just started back on my cycling last week. Hoping to go out today too. I'm not back at work yet as I work in a school so not back in my normal routine yet. I know I've ate more rubbish with sitting around but I'm finding it so hard to get back off. My appetite has increased too. I wondered if this was due to hrt. My will power at the moment isn't strong. I have 2 prs of jeans that fit me and nothing else. It's really getting me down. I've heard of some woman who go onto certain pill gain weight and wonder if the hormones in the hrt are causing some of the issue. I can usually keep my weight steady but it's just gone mad!!!

• Posted

I'm not having issues with weight gain after TAH but I have other issues because of extensive lymph surgery. I spoke to many people about the hysterectomy before I did it and weigh gain as a side effect never came up. My joints ache and my body feels older. That's what I am noticing. And no HRT here.

• Posted

Yes I had joint pains when I first had mine last Nov I still feel the sitches pulling now again even now
    • Posted

That's because the surgery never causes weight gain as a side effect. It's all about what goes into the letterbox - meaning being careful about your diet, & especially when pairing up the level of inactivity required during recuperation.

• Posted

HRT just like regular contraceptive pill always has, doesn't in itself cause weight gain. It just makes you hungrier so people eat more. It's all about control of diet. I'm in Australia at the moment & there was a big article in the paper saying that they now believe HRT heightens your chances of cancer 3x! They don't give it out very happily in my country - NZ. I also think it's the op causing bloating, not HRT. As girls not in HRT also get bloating, some for a long time after op.

• Posted

I don't get hungry but I agree that the op does change your shape I have noticed since not taking it its shrinking

• Posted

Yes it was on the news here that if you take hrt you were 3 x likely to get cancer us women can't win

• Posted

Yip for sure. For some the menopause symptoms are intolerable. Especially following forced menopause after hysterectomy. And trouble is you don't know how yours is going to be until it's too late. I know of lots who's post hysterectomy troubles are actually worse than the reason they chose hysterectomy. Different story if you have to have one due to cancer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.