Hrt body identical

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi ive been on hrt for about 15 months now. i stated on the combined patches, , but i started bleeding badly, fibroids were found but also a lump that was removed, turned out to be okay but during this time I got scared so came off the HRT but after I symptoms came back with a vengeance ,I got really really tearful, low mood ,so I asked to go back on them ,so I was prescribed Premier Q low dose two and a half month now. but as it made out Of pregnant mares urine!!, I’m not really happy about taking it, plus I’m getting dizzy spells and swollen ankles, I’d like to go on the gel and the progesterone capsules ,but I’m not sure what dose I would need, to be the equivalent of what I’m taking now , ( premique 0.3/1.5mg ) basically I’m not sure what to ask for when I see my doctor can anyone help please

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sue,

Do you have access to a alternative doc? They seem to be able to help more with these issues women face during this part of our lives. I've been going to a holistic dr for almost 6 years. Best decision I ever made. He does regular lab work and checks my hormone levels along with many other things. I have been on bio identical hormones first through creams and then pellets. Not sure if you gave any of this available where you live. Insurance does not cover alternative drs or bio identical hormones but for me it has been worth the money.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.