HRT Conti

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just started On HRT Conti yesterday (patches 0 after trying to go the herbal route. The Herbal route did not work for me as the hot sweats where constant and my skin was always damp. I am one day in and the hot flushes have already subsided. So I m hoping this will continue and my Hair etc will improve . I have read your posts and found them very helpful. I am a firm believer that we should talk more openly about HRT and what we are going through.

My Body has changed beyond recognition, Hardly and bust until I started going through menopause and now they are like small footballs, very uncomfortable and my tummy is larger that life.

On my first go at HRT I developed a twitch in my legs (restless legs syndrome) that is still with me so having to do stretches before and through the night so that I can get a couple of hours sleep. I have tried Magnesium but this make no difference at all, but do notice that if I have been on my feet all day it does seem to be better on the evening.

I came of HRT due to all of the negative information on line but could not cope with the hot flushes and after watching Davina MrCall talking around some of the untruths that are out there decided that I would go back on it but in Patch form.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi

i cut mine in half as i felt worse on a whole patch,

im 54 and a whole evoral conti made me bloat, sleep worse ( how could it get any worse) bleed, be proper bitchy!! etc etc so i guessed to dose must be too high, i did some reading up and went on you tube ( the menopause doctor) and cut my patch in half!

Its amazing, they wont reccomend it as it makes the patch unlicenced but it works

hope this helps someone xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.