HRT dose post hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi - I am 6 weeks post total hysterectomy (everything including ovaries removed) and I started HRT straightaway -(1mcg sandrena gel daily) but I am not convinced I am getting enough oestrogen based on how I am feeling. I am interested to hear from others where you started off on, or increased to, a higher dose and also whether a testosterone supplement also made a difference?

Many thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Joanne, I am 16 weeks post OP, ( everything removed) I'm feeling really well apart from the dreaded hit flushes, started on the lowest dose of everol patches, which initially were good, but due to the shortage of them at the minute my GP prescribed the Gel, i am more in control as she said i can have 2-4 squirts a day, this seems ok in the day but as soon as i get into bed they start. Going back to my GP but if she suggests a testerone supplement i'm refusing due to the possible side effects i.e acne, excessive hair growth. ( I also bought some cooling mist and Gel pillow which ill put in the fridge) hope you get sorted x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.