HRT for anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I've just been prescribed Evorel Sequi patches as blood test show am in or through menopause (age 55). Had a complete crash in July after working non stop for ages and have been off work with depression since the summer. On anti depressant and now not feeling depressed but huge anxiety and very low energy, not sleeping at all well, hot flushes. Was very similar during puberty so think must be hormonal. Just wondering if anyone had similar and looking for some positive stories about HRT relieving anxiety. Appreciate any encouragement as felt in a very dark place for months and really hope this helps. 

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Suzi 

I have been taking the evorel patches for 10 months now and I have had a very positive experience on them I started the peri 4 years ago and have suffered with most of the symptoms i had heard so may horror stories about HRT that it scared me too but I got to a point where I knew I had to do something otherwise it was only going to get worse I did my research and read the leaflets. I'm so glad that I made the decision to try it within a week my hot sweats had stopped my anxiety gone I had more energy I'm not saying it's a miracle I have good and bad days buts it's been so much better my hair is starting to grow back and I feel more like me again, I hope it goes well for you 

• Posted

Thank you for replying, that gives me real hope. Just want to be back to me again too, can cope with bad days just not when it's every day. Fingers crossed.

• Posted

Hi. Sorry to hear you've been down. I too am on patches elleste 40mgs. When I was off them for a few weeks to go on holiday for my 50 th and take pills to stop my period I then experienced the night sweats not sleeping. I still have heavy awful periods. My mood is calmer but I no longer trust my feelings or actions at certain times of the month. But I think the patches are a comforting thing to have and I will keep researching talking to others like on this forum. I have been watching women in the media talking about menopause hrt saying that there is no risk taking it and that's what the latest research says . Thought they were going mad with anxiety. I have this too and was always a worrrier but it has got better with the patches. Hopefully you'll get through now instead of the struggle with all the symptoms. Good luck with it all. Xx

• Posted

Hi suzi, I'm 52 I thought I had "sailed through" the menopause then about 6 months ago things changed, i started feeling sad, crying all the time, i would be thinking what have i got to cry about but i couldn't help it. My sleep pattern is so different now, sometimes I go to bed at tea time because I'm so tired then sleep for a few hours, awake in the early hours and it goes on, I can't keep myself awake, the fatigue is extreme and sudden. Last week I went to see my go and got combined hrt and feel better already mood wise, I was feeling anxious, I couldn't eat properly because I felt nauseous and the slightist thing would just make me feel awfull and push food away. I'm really hoping that the hrt that I've been on for a week is going to help me, I feel so much better already......?

• Posted

Hi Alfietammy, thanks for replying, it seems as though we have started HRT about the same time and feeling similar so be interesting to see how you go. I'm feeling less anxious than I was already and someone commented that my skin looks better but seems a bit fast for that. Still feeling tired but it's early days. Let's hope this is the start of better times. 

• Posted

Thank you for the replies. It is still only the firsts month but I'm finding my anxiety is a lot less than it was. Like someone else said, good and less good days, but overall feel that HRT is already making a significant difference and haven't noticed any bad side effects as yet.

• Posted

I feel the same as you Suzie anxiety sky high no energy lethargic and terrible nausea.I stopped hrt 3 years ago on doctors advice but haven't felt well since so wondered if going back on hrt would help with my anxiety. (I am 65 )

• Posted

Hi Mary I had to come off HRT for a while, My anxiety came back almost within a week!  like yours sky high ... as soon as I am back on HRT for a while the anxiety does go . Awful  anxiety I am 64 !
    • Posted

Hi Mary , HRT does help with my Anxiety ...It's so bad when not on HRT .. I am 64 

• Posted

Dear Suzi/Ladies

Hoping your hrt are still working for you. I have just been prescribed just wondering how this brand of patches are working for you and whether anyone here has suffered with a decline in mood or weight gain.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.