HRT For Anxiety and other premenopausal symptoms

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Has anyone had any success with HRT patches? Do they relieve any of the horrible perimenopause symptoms? Do they help make your brain sharp again? Relieve anxiety? Get rid of migraines? Help make you feel remotely normal again?

Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

So my gyno told me that het only works fir hot flashes!!! She said it doesnt help with anything else so i assume she knows !!! I dont believe any of them lol!! this last week i have had pressure in my head everyday and feel like i will explode and cry and i hold it in which doesnt help and i dint know if its from the humid weather or what but my cheat neck shoulders and back is very tight

• Posted

Hi Christina,

I also get the head pressure, especially before and during my periods... also in hot humid weather.

Do you use HRT?

I've read some positive things about it but I guess it depends on the individual and their symptoms.

I know anxiety can also cause the symptoms you describe.. chest neck tightness. I get it. Makes you feel so tense. It's horrible

• Posted

I've had head pressure on and off for a few weeks.. I think it's due to the weather. I also get the head pressure when there's too much going on-- especially in this weather.. I absolute hate it. My spouse was sick with sinus a few weeks ago and son had it this last week.. I'm so ready for cool fall weather!

• Posted

my most scary symptom is head pressure and off balance feeling 😭

Suffering from this from almost 1 year.

My Dr told No HRT FOR U as u r having migrane..it make increase with HRT soo he refuse to give

• Posted

I wish they did!! I would defiantly sign up--- I hate having this aniexty and would love to be my old self again.. These days.. i feel super slow... almost stupid..

• Posted

i hear that im so uptight this last week head pressure back shoulders neck chest tight i dint know ifbits the planning of party or the heat and humidity but it is bothering me so much i feel like i will burst crying or like im coming out of my skin like i worry if my house is clean enough how i look ughh and every little thing makes me feel like i will lose it i hate this anxiety and worst i keep forgetting everyrhing cant remember anything and i just want to cry i think im losing it

• Posted

Yes a few weeks ago I had a party and ppl coming in and it was just yucky hot and humid.. I was overthinking 'this party' and WHAM I had a sinus pressure headache it was awful... Thought why the heck do I worry so much.. But right now I do feel tightness in my back, shoulders which I think is stress-- again worrying over the dumbest things.. I tell my mind to 'knock it off' and chill but of course it won't.. See if I was J-lo, I could have someone come in now and work the tightness off.. ha.. Not J-lo so I'll just get on the floor for stretching.....

• Posted

Everyone is different, but HRT did nothing for me. It made me feel like I had been run over by a truck and it made my hair brittle and it starting falling out. My gyno said it's mostly for hot flashes. I got off it and never looked back.

• Posted

Hi Dora,

I can only speak for myself but i have been on HRT patches for over a year now and it definitely helped many of my symptoms, especially the Hot flushes, extreme anxiety and panic attacks and a severe bladder problem, (frequency, burning,pain) all without bacteria etc (not UTI) I could not have kept going as i was without it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.