HRT has helped a lot but still having issues Please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started HRT in March 2021 - it has helped me but new issues arise as soon as one clears up. I dont have the itching anymore but i have terrible mood swings now . i get total relief for about 2 hrs in the afternoon and then again late evening. Could this be due to too much progesterone ? Is this my life now ?

any help would be appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi .

i have all sort of side effects with HRT . from what I can tell you just have to keep trying different types and see what works best for you. Though I have Premature ovarian insufficient basically early menopause.

hope this helps.

Rachel

• Posted

Thank you , I have diagnosed myself with Menopause and my dr is giving me the meds but she says I don't have to be monitored or anything I know that this is wrong and I should have a follow up every 3 months but she doesnt seem the least bit interested in this "menopause" so i am scared to have her adjust any of these meds

• Posted

I would love too, but where I live we dont have access to them 😦 I am thinking that maybe over zoom or something since travel isnt an option right now .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.