Hrt, have I made the right decision

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've been on here a few times, I've been post menopause for 2 years now,  I'm in a relationship that I'm not really happy in but basically it is helping me and my kids financially, which is an awful thing to say, my mum passed away last November and I had never felt so bad, the depression was awful, the lack of interest of anything in my life, I felt awful and after a lot of debate and deep thinking with my self I decided to go the hrt patch route, it has helped me a lot and as I am 49, I just thought if it just helps me for a few years whiles I am going through my mums bereavement and also losing kids to uni, maybe it is the right thing to do and then gradually wean myself off of the hrt, halting and quartering the patch over weeks.  I do feel a little bit apprehensive but with so much going on in my life it has been my only way I could get any help, what are your thoughts everyone

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise,

I'm taking HRT oral tablets......................

HRT works for some people, there are various types and sometimes you must persevere (if one particular type doesn't work) you may need to try another

I know there are lots of contraindications but in my case the benefits out weighed the side effects

Good Luck biggrin

PS;- sorry that life is hard at the moment for you hun

• Posted

Hi Louise

hope are you well sweetie..

I am age 50, had 9-10 years natural peri, i am one year menopause full..

and ..... have decided to try Ovestin Estriol Vaginal cream..

like you i am cautious.. only using half the amount and only twice weekly..

but .. had to stop at mo as when i had my well woman check.. although all okay apart from vaginal dryness... an infection was also shown on smear results, felt like thrush but wasnt ... it was CV .. so I am having treatment for this first before i can use the ovestin again..

Patch is the better choice of HRT as trans dermal and not going through liver orally.

I have got  Estriol, the kinder oestrogen as Gyno said abit of Estriol would benefit me with dryness etc, doesnt enter uterine wall or breast..

good luck with it hun

jay xx

• Posted

Hiya Louise,

Its nice doing something positve isn't to try and make things feel more stable! I too opted for the HRT route but just recently thought I would start to wean myself off and go back to using the progesterone cream and then started to hear negative things about that. So I have also been looking at the route of the patches as I believe they don't enter the liver and knowing taking magnesium in tablet or powder form had an adverse effect on my tummy thought this would be the kinder route to take. I have read lots of positve reviews but really just knowing which one would be the better one. I am in peri and still have bleeds so will need to get the one that will produce a monthly bleed but on the progesterone there is one that may be more natural to use which gives fewer side effects! Does anyone have any advice that may help  with the anxiety part?

Louise It takes a lot of courage to make a positve decision in helping your life to be more settled than perhaps you have been feeling!

keep us posted on how things go for you and really hoping this will help you in everyway you need! Everyone needs a little extra help from time to time and like you I just need that extra help to get me through to when my hormones will be more balance! Have a lovely day and massive hugs to you! Joy xxlol

• Posted

Hi everyone

its really lovely to know that everyone out there is so supportive, I miss talking to my mother, we were very close and it's so nice to know that just talking on here, I can be heard and not ignored, especially with all the traumas in life, I just feel very lonely, I have my 18 year old daughter but she is off to uni next year, my son this year, so I feel many changes will happen in the next couple of years, I have no support from my partner but I have got used to that, he also drinks heavily every weekend and occasionally in the week, straight vodka, maybe 1 litre in 2 nights on its own and I've never had to deal with this before but at this moment in time I'm just ignoring it until I've got the strength to tell him to go, the patches seem to be helping me cope better whereas before I just wanted to give up on everything, thanks for listening x

• Posted

If you have a picture of her talk to it, also just have a conversation with her in your head whever you are and whenever you wish/need to. She is listening and is there for you.

thoughts and big hugs

Taz xxx

• Posted

Hi Louise,

hang in there hun, fresh air helps, walking, and even sat in sunshine outside, Chin Up,

Mrs Merm xxx

• Posted

Hi Louise

oh sweetie, hang in there hun..

light a candle ... i always light a little candle when i miss someone whos passed..

its my way of telling myself when the candles lit at night we are together and when i blow it out we say goodnight ..

as for the partner and the Vodka .. do you talk to each other .. maybe hes got a problem he is trying to drown out .... try to talk if you can..

keep strong 

jay jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay my partners drinking has gone beyond that, it all started a year before I met him when his ex wife had an affair but since then I'm finding it too unbearable, he's argumentative,  moody when he's been drinking and I just feel too tired to fight it anymore, my wright has gone up and my self esteem is rock bottom, so not good really, take care. Louise x
    • Posted

Hi Louise 

well hun, keep strong and when the times right you will know..

get yourself back to full strength ..

big hugs

jay xx

• Posted

Has anyone bled bled bled for like two months what is up with that it scares me to death my doctor gave me pills they don't help so what now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.