HRT information

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello im sarah im 24

I have my pre -op assessment on the 19th april for total hysterectomy after 2 years of well hell but can anyone explain/ give me information on hrt as much as possible realy

So things like what you found best how it works and what variety of options thier are I realt dont know much about it at all rolleyes

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I just had a total hysterectomy on Monday 2/22.  The most painful day I had was Tuesday.  I struggled with the feeling of not sure I could make it through the pain.  I promise everyday since the pain has gotten easier and easier.  By day 3 and 4 I was able to walk myself to the restroom and now on day 6 there is time of no pain at all.  I was very scared when I first went to the restroom and my urine was pink from blood.  That too only lasted a few days.  I was in the hospital for 5 days.  The best advice I would give is to keep track of when you get pain medicine and stay on top of the nurses.  There were times the nurse would get busy and be laten my dose.  This  caused my pain to go high at times. 
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

I had a TAH and BSO last April and i wanted to go without hrt.I finally gave in after 6 weeks due to hardly sleeping and i was suffering hot flushes at night time.I started with patches but these kept falling off and if this happens you are meant to use a new one which was going to cost a fortune.You change then twice a week.There is a gel option but i thought that might be a bit messy.In the end i opted for a tablet.I am on Estradiol Valerate 1mg which i have now taken since last June.I have to take one every night when i go to bed.They have helped me a lot.If you want to know anything else let me know and i will be happy to help you.

Take care

Luv

Teresa

xxx

Good luck.

• Posted

I had my hysterectomy just over a year ago and I had a gel form of hrt but after a while found it wasn't working so thought I'd try and do without but I'm now finding it hard as I have hot sweats a lot I'm going to try menopause which you can buy in any supermarket as I've read others on the forum talking about it but the best thing you can do is speak to your gp and let them advice you on hrt there's always a chance you might not need it good luck with the hysterectomy keep in touch Lyn 
  • Posted

Hi because of your age I expect you'll be recommended to have hrt for long term health. I'm on the gel after trying others and it suits me well. Each type suits different people so it is trial and error but give it a chance of at least 6 weeks for your body to get used to it. Good luck with the op. It's much worse in your mind than reality.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.