hrt just started bit now HEAVY bleed?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. I have just started taking HRT cyclical where I have white tablets to take first then green ones. So think this means oestrogen then progesterone. However I am 8 days into starting and have had a VERY HEAVY CLOTYY FLOATING period. Periods have been on and off for last 2 years I'm 45 years old. Am usually heavy when I do get a period but NOTHING like this. Cramps backache and have spent the day on the loo as it seems never ending (sorry for being graphic) . Is this normal? I had presumed that if I was to get a period it would be once I had taken the green tabs...not whilst I had just started taking the white ones. Any advice would be fab. Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi dee.

Are you on Estelle Duet 1mg?

I was on that for 3months. My periods became heavy and clotted but that was only for about 2-3 days of the period then it settled. I started my first pack (white tablets) on the first day of my period and didn't have a further period until 5days into the next pack of white tablets.

They do say that your periods may be irregular during the first few months of starting HRT so I wouldn't worry too much.

Your body may just be getting used to the hormones.

Once it settles it should help.

• Posted

Thank you so much! Yes I am on that one. I'll not panic then as it's obviously normal. Thank you so much for your help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.