HRT medication advice.

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi ladies.

its me again I wasn't a bit of advice really, before I go see my gp on Monday, about changing my HRT because Premarin was giving me migraines, and it was effecting my contact lenses too.

i would like to know which HRT some of you lovely ladies are on and with the least side effects please.

estrogen one only.

my gp want me to come off tiberlone which iv been on for 15 years its a combined one, ....i shouldn't be on with no womb or ovaries 

thanks 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie, I've been on tibolone for approx 2 years, I still have my womb and ovaries. My GP prescribed this one for me as I couldn't tolerate other hrts, they caused worsening of migraines and bleeding, tibolone I'm led to believe has fewer side effects 

Did you ask your doctor why you can't continue with the tibelone, what harm can it do if you keep taking it

Good luck, hope you find something that agrees with you Julie xx

• Posted

Hi Brenda.

she said that I didn't need a combined one and if I went on estrogen only I would lower my chances of getting breast cancer.

i don't smoke I have a glass of wine every now and then. 

I carnt drink much because I'm on A/D for health Anxiety.

iv for the last 6 years only take 1 tiberlone every other day which seems to work for me.

fingers crossed she will let me have it back 

thank you for replying xx

• Posted

I think your doing the right thing Julie by questioning why your gyn has decided to take you off meds that hasn't caused you any probs in the past

I'm sure everything will be ok, keep thinking positive and let us all know how you get on 

Have a great weekend x

• Posted

Thank you Brenda 

will let you know on Monday how I got on 

Have a great weekend too.x 

• Posted

Hi Brenda.

just got back from seeing my GP.

she did try and persuade me to try patches, and she did explain that they go straight into the blood stream and not the liver.

but with suffering health anxiety I really don't want to change if tiberlone is working for me. 

She checked my BP and it was 125/77 so she was happy with that, so agreed for me to stay on tiberlone for 6 months and go back for another review. I took a urine sample to and that was fine. 

I took a list with me so I wouldn't forget anything.

hope you are ok.

have a good day xx

• Posted

Hi Julie. I have been on Tibilone for 8m and have no womb&ovaries.My surgeon/gynae consultant is happy for me to stay on it as long as it suits me.Iam 50. I also have oestrogel to top up with as found just needed a bit more. Oestrogel seems to be the more favourable for less side effects as doesn't go through your whole system. Good luck it's a mine field!! X

• Posted

Hi 

thank you for replying.

it is a mine field, every doctor has different opinions to HRT. 

I think 15 years down the line why change me. 

I have health anxiety has it is and I'm settled at the moment with things after a rough year.

have to see what she says on Monday. X

• Posted

Just ask your Dr to refer you to a gynae  in which you have a right to .Drs tend to be less knowledgable on hrt and menopause .My gynae told me that.It is true as I experienced it. All NHS ! Tibilone works differently than standard hrt and carries its risk like other hrt does.Its suitable for women who have had hysterectomy and those who haven't..If it ain't broke don't fix it! One tablet every other day isn't a high dose . I wouldn't be able to function mentally without hrt !! We are all different and we need different doses and different types. But like you said why take you off it just to swap for another.Hope you get sorted.x

• Posted

Hi Julie.Glad you went ok with the Dr. 👍X

• Posted

Thank you.

a lot off my mind. I didn't really want to try another.

have a good day my day off so chilling xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.