HRT & Mirena Coil

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi haven't been posting for a while put felt I should share how I feel after no periods for over four years gaining 3 stone in weight my hair falling out I was finally told after changing Drs that I had probably gone through a early menopause I'm 44 know and after seeing a gyno (lady) she put me on estrogen patches my hair stopped falling out but still couldn't lose weight and this didn't help with anxiety and moods I was told a Mirena Coil had to be fitted I really was against this and had to be put under general to have it in for two weeks after I was in pain and bleeding heavy but four weeks down the line I'm still spotting but I've lost 9lb and feeling so much better more energy happier I really didn't want HRT or a Mirena Coil but after talking to the gyno and her explaining that for next 20 yrs lack of hormones could really affect my body especially bones I took the chance and fell I got some of my life back I'm not ready to be old yet and in last two weeks I've got get up and go to get back to me xxx

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie, I've also started HRT and have a mirena fitted. I'm about 2 months in now and I can honestly say I feel like I'm getting my life back too. I still have a few days a month when things get a bit hairy and the anxiety bubbles but I'm so much better than I was. I've been spotting since the coil was fitted but I'm told it can take 3 to 6 months to settle so I'm hanging in there. I hope you get on well with it too. Take care

Anita x

• Posted

Hi Julie

I am so pleased that this is working for you better to have that rather than HRT. My trouble is I've lost my appetite down to nerves and anxiety and food doesn't interest me.

Keep us posted and good luck to you.šŸ˜Š

• Posted

Glad to hear you are doing better Julie! Ā I hear you not ready to be old. I'm 12 yrs older than you and I'm not ready either. It's only been the past year that I feel like I'm steadily declining. Hate it. Haven't ruled out the use of HRTs once my newly diagnosed hypothyroidism is brought under control. Currently I use progesterone cream occasionally which is really an HRT, but it's limited use and helpful only to a point.

It comes down to quality of life, not quantity for me, so I haven't ruled out the use of revisting them down the road if I don't start improving here shortly!

Best to you and thank you for sharing!

Anniexxx

• Posted

Hi JulieĀ 

Glad to hear that you are doing better. I still don't know about HRT for myself because of all the medications I am on I am on Zoloft which is suppose to help eliminate the menopause symptoms. I am also on other medications to even a thyroid pill for low thyroid i just don't want to mess up my body with HRTsĀ 

• Posted

Hi Susan,

What is the medicine you were given for your low thyroid and does it help you?

I was on Zoloft for a brieft period and it did seem to even things out on the emotional level, along with I did not seem to have much or any hot flashes or night sweats during that time. Good luck with it, seems to be a well tolerated medicine.

AnnieĀ 

• Posted

I am on levothyroxine for low thyroid I'm going to ask my doctor for a blood test to see where its at because I am feeling little palpitationsĀ 

Do you have low thyroid sometimes I feel that it helps and other times I don't feel like it helpsĀ 

• Posted

Thanks Julie, this is interesting. I've been beating myself up about having gained so much weight alongside all the other symptoms I have, joint pain, muscle pain, hair falling out, dry skin.... The list goes on. It's very interesting to hear your story. So pleased you have found some help. I am at the same point myself and going to Dr in 10 days to discuss HRT. Can't go on with all this ruining my life xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.