HRT OR NOT?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Just been recently diagnosed post menopause after two years of aches and pains and sweating huckets. Any advice on hrt pills/ cream appreciated! Recently started sage oil for the sweats. Thanks suz x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Suz I'm not able to take HRT due to a family history of female cancer, but after 5 weeks of night sweats following a surgical menopause I am trying Clonidine, 2 in the morning and 2 at night, prescribed by my GP. Started them 4 days ago and I have had two nights without the dreaded night sweats, not flushing as much during the day either. I know its early days, but so far so good smile
  • Posted

Ok jenny will mention this to doc. Ive got an app this morning. Thanks suz x
  • Posted

Hi Suz

I am in my second year also. I can not take HRT due to breast issues. I have found that walking a few times a week, watching my diet and trying to get enough sleep helps. I have not tried any OTC things .I do have a RX for wellbutrin but I'm trying to avoid them. I know where you are coming from. Just hang in there!

Keep posting too it helps!

• Posted

HI, I too, have been suffering with night sweats and flushes. I was completely exhausted and fed up with it all. I have found fx nutrition which is mung bean, a phyto-oestrogen which has stopped the night sweats and reduced the flushes during the day considerably.

Hope this helps! Keep looking at posts ....

• Posted

Hi all thanks for all the valuable info because ive also got FM I struggle with the exercise side atm but Hopefully once I get this night sweats under control and get a proper sleep you never know!. Almost two years since ive slept all night sad. Anyway Jenny 13771 doc gave me Clonidine same as you. Even though ive no history of breast cancer he recommended this to try for month see how I get on. So ladies watch this space. x
  • Posted

Hi Suz I hope it helps for both of us and you get some much needed sleep smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.