HRT or not

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 55, in peri, don't feel like myself, lethargic, not enjoying much, tired, aching body, snappy, irritable, want to be alone, anxious, not sleeping properly, my doctor wants me to go on hrt but I'm not sure, I feel desperate to feel normal though..

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yyonne, all you can do is try.  While HRT isn't easy for every women, you may be one of those who says it saved their life.  We only have this one life to live, so I suggest you give it a try and see if you feel better.  If not you can always stop.  

• Posted

What’s normal , never felt like that in months. It’s a horrible not being in control of your body and each morning you wake up wondering what the symptoms are today , well that’s if you can get to sleep , family life isn’t normal anymore as you feel you can’t join in with happy times as your constantly worried about yourself , whys my heart racing , what’s that pain in my head . My back aches , no one wants to listen so you stop meeting friends and stay in your safe haven 

💕

• Posted

Hi, I’ve had same symptoms for almost 2 months. I totally understand!!! 50yrs in fall. I’ve been extremely anxious, short tempered, mean, exhausted, unable to sleep, anti social, scared I’m dying, bad aches & joint pains, UTI twice in 40 days, vaginal dryness, hemorrhoids & inflammation....on & on. I got Endocrinologist to test hormones & vitamins/nutrients levels. Waiting for results. All the ladies here are rowing same boats. We hear you, we get it, we live it. You’re NOT ALONE. May I suggest you get these tests also? Many ladies like HRT, but my Family History has estrogen fed cancers. HRT not a safe option. I’m hoping I can adjust some vitamins/nutrients & practice some meditation/self care to improve.  Good luck & come here to vent...it helps! Xo

• Posted

The newest recommendations suggest that s low dose patch does not increase a risk of cancer even for BRACA women.  Please talk to your doctor, as it may still be an option. 
  • Posted

There are things to try before you go on HRT which is synthetic hormones at levels we wouldn't naturally have. First BHRT which means Bioidentical HRT - they measure your hormone levels and prescribe pills that contain plant hormones which have the same molecular structure as our own hormones. You can also buy plant hormone supplements or you can grow hormone rich plants (theres a book called Grow your own HRT which will explain why and how to do it|)

So there's lots you can try before going on HRT

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.