HRT prescription

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been given my first prescription today with only 8 patches on there, the surgery said they only prescribe once a month! Is this right?

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi

i use gel so not sure but my friend changes her patch every 3 days

lee x

• Posted

Hi lee

How long will your gel last for before you need a new prescription?

• Posted

Doc reckons one pump will last 2-3 months 

I have another and she said if all going well she will put in on repeat for me

its been great for me

x

• Posted

Hi Lee,

Going to change from my patch when i see my Dr on June 1st.Day 3 but don't feel any different,not sleeping very well.Is the gel oestrogen only and how do you know how much to put on.Is it daily and do you apply it to the same area each time?

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa. 

Yes it is oestrogen only so less risk. 

I put on one pump after my shower in the morning. 

Every day and I out it on my shoulder and upper arm 

have had no menopausal symptoms since day I started which was 6 and a half weeks ago now. Occasionally I am not at night but not soaking bed as I was before. 

Lee x

ps it's called oesteogel.  

• Posted

Yes Teresa. Went to bed last night at 10.30 and up today at 9am x
  • Posted

I only got a month of mine to make sure it suited. If it does I'll be given more at a time. They may be stronger patches 2 per week. I haven't had symptoms yet but think I may be bring lulled into a false sense of security and my natural hormone hasnt run out yet. Op was 1 week ago already! I can't wait for 6 months tp be up. I don't like thought of tablets going through my liver. Im going to ask for gel so I dont have worry of patches but not seen a dr yet so dont know what they will let me have. Good luck with hormones hope they sort the symptoms xx
    • Posted

Hi. 

Try oestrogel. It's been great and totally non invasive. 

Good luck

lee. X

• Posted

Hi Lee. Youve inspired me to ask for it with your posts. Ive got to take tibolone livial tablets for 6 months as doesn't contain estrogen because of endo then im free to hrt. Dreading symptoms starting especially if Ive returned to work when they do as im on my 3rd occasion of sickness because of ops happening in short space of time and dont want to be sent to hr and made to feel guilty about it. !!
    • Posted

Yes my symptoms started really quickly. 48 hours after op. After taking my gel I have had no more symptoms. I get an occasional sore head but nothing bad. You should talk to your work as I got them to roll in my 3 periods of sick as it was all the same thing. They agreed to do that. good luck

lee x

• Posted

I'm on the patches and find them absolutely fab!!! I had a total in February still not feeling 100% tho. My gp only prescribes 8 at a time but is great if I have a mishap in putting it on and getting my prescription earlier
    • Posted

Hi Shelley

What dosage have you got? Which one is it?

It's all new to me, I hope I feel some benefit soon x

• Posted

Hya I'm on Evorel 50 mcg and find them fab I change them twice a week and to be honest just forget they are there. It's strange in the beginning as u don't know whether they are working or not. It's still all new to me but getting used to it a bit now

Good luck with everything xxx

• Posted

Hi

I have been on tablets once a day, been taking them for 1 month now and they are working well, was given 6 months supply on my forst prescription. They are called elleste solo 2mg and are oestrogen only.

Nikki x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.